The Exo Terra Compact Top Canopy is a high-quality canopy specifically designed for use with Exo Terra glass terrariums offering a compact fluorescent canopy that is easy to install and accommodates low wattage fluorescent and incandescent bulbs.
This enables you to create a combination light source for your reptilian pet.
- Built-in reflectors
- Easy installation
- Sliding rim mount
- Easy access on/off switch
- To be used with Exo Terra glass terrariums
- Only accommodates low wattage bulbs
Design and Features
The Exo Terra Compact Top Canopy is available in 5 sizes from the Nano size through to large, ensuring it fits on all the Exo Terra Naturalistic Terrariums.
The black finish offers a neat finish to your terrarium.
The sleek black top can accommodate lights, thermometer and hygrometer, hiding accessories out of sight and mind, so you can focus on enjoying the activities of your pet.
The canopy is very easy to install and is ideal when you want to increase ambient air temperature with a Daytime heat lamp or create an ultraviolet visual light ratio.
The Exo Terra Compact Top Canopy is designed to work with compact fluorescent bulbs up to 26W and incandescent bulbs up to 25W.
The small designed canopies have 1 on/off switch, while larger options come with the convenience of 2 on/off switches.
8″ x 3.5″ x 5.9″(20 x 9 x 15 cm)
1 light bulb fixture
11.8″ x 3.5″ x 5.9″(30 x 9 x 15 cm)
1 light bulb fixture
17.7″ x 3.5″ x 7.8″(45 x 9 x 20 cm)
2 light bulb fixture
23.6″ x 3.5″ x 7.8″(60 x 9 x 20 cm)
3 light bulb fixture
36″ x 3.5″ x 7.8″(90 x 9 x 20 cm)
4 light bulb fixture
Some of the Best Features Include
- Fit one, two, three or four compact fluorescent (maxium 26W) or incandescent bulbs (maximum 25W)
- Built-in reflector to maximize the light output
- Easy to use and easy to isntall
- Work perfectly with Exo Terra terrariums
- Accessories such as Exo Terra digital thermometer, Exo Terra hygrometer can be slid into the top rim
Parts and Accessories
The bulb you select will be determined by your reptilian pet, whether they require a basking area, UV light, etc.
Some of the fluorescent bulbs compatible with the Exo Terra Compact Top Canopy includes:
Exo Terra Repti Glo 2.0 Compact Full Spectrum Terrarium Lamp
This natural light fluorescent provides a daylight spectrum, suitable for reptiles and amphibians.
It stimulates plant growth, animal activity, and appetite with a high visual light with 98 Color Rendering Index (CRI).
It has a 6700K color temperature and is suitable for animals that have a low UV requirement, such as nocturnal animals.
Exo Terra Repti-Glow 5.0 Compact Fluorescent Tropical Terrarium Lamp
The Repti-Glow 5.0 Compact Fluorescent Tropical Lamp is suitable for any tropical and sub-tropical reptiles offering a high UVB output, which is effective for up to fifteen inches / forty centimeters.
This lamp offers the essential UVB rays your reptile needs to metabolize calcium. The UVA rays help stimulate activity and appetite.
Exo Terra Digital Thermometer with Probe, Celsius and Fahrenheit
In order to keep your reptile happy and healthy, you need to provide them with specific heating.
It is essential that you regularly monitor temperatures to ensure your reptile is getting the heat it needs, whether it’s a tropical or desert dweller.
The digital thermometer from Exo terra comes with a single button operation and remote probe, which enables you to measure the temperature at different sides of the terrarium with ease.
Choose between Celsius and Fahrenheit, based on your own preferences.
Slide the thermometer into place on the top of the Exo Terra Compact Top Canopy.
Exo Terra Digital Thermometer Hygrometer
Some people prefer only having one instrument on top of their canopy.
The digital thermometer hygrometer from Exo Terra will also simply slide into place on top of the canopy for easy reading and access.
This will accurately measure your temperature and humidity levels, ensuring your reptile gets the heat and humidity it needs to be healthy and comfortable.
Installation and Usage
Before you start with your installation, it’s important to note that you should only use Exo Terra compact fluorescent lamps of a maximum of 26W or incandescent lamps, with a maximum of 25W.
Please note. When removing, changing, or installing the compact fluorescent or incandescent bulbs, ensure you have unplugged the canopy from the electrical mains to reduce the risk of shock.
- Screw the Exo Terra fluorescent or incandescent light bulb into the thread fitting under the canopy. Ensure you do not exceed the wattage guidelines. It’s recommended to put a thin layer of petroleum jelly on the threads of the light bulb before screwing it into place. This makes it easier to unscrew when you need to replace it.
- Check the bulb is properly screwed into place before placing the canopy on the rim of the terrarium. Light bulbs must be facing down, penetrating into the terrarium.
- The canopy is not designed to hold any other objects, do not place anything on top of the canopy except for hygrometers and thermometers, which are designed to seamlessly slide into place. Do not obstruct the ventilation slots, they are essential for airflow.
- Plug the canopy into the mains and turn the light on or off. Never plug your canopy in if there is any water on any parts.
- Before carrying out any maintenance, always unplug the canopy from the wall.
- This canopy is not waterproof, do not submerge or spray with waterproof
- Clean heat vents to remove dust and debris
- Simply wipe with a cloth.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or detergents
- Any calcareous deposits can be cleaned with vinegar and wiped with a clean cloth to remove residues
Is This a Good Value Product?
The Exo Terra Compact Top Canopy helps to make your terrarium look neat, helping you hide any lighting fixtures while providing you with a neat slide for your hygrometer and thermometer.
The product does have some flaws, the biggest being that the plastic mounts tend to melt with the heat of the lamps, especially those designed for basking.
The canopy is suitable for any reptile or amphibian hobbyist that wants to neaten up their terrarium by hiding lighting and fixtures.
Due to the fact that Exo Terra offers a complete range of fluorescent bulbs to meet most reptile requirements, the canopy can be used by just about any reptile from bearded dragons to leopard geckos and fat tailed geckos to water dragons and more.
Exo Terra Compact Top Review in Summary
Overall, the Exo Terra Compact Top Canopy is a good product. The canopy can work with a large range of fluorescent bulbs to meet most retile and amphibian requirements.